How To Change Up Your Skincare For the Winter Months
As the nights get colder and the leaves starts changing the same thing happens to our skin. You may have already started to notice that your face is not feeling as plump as it used to or looking a little more dull. Harsh weather conditions really does take a toll on our main organ, which is our skin! So it is really important to change up the products you are using in order to battle the elements! I am going to show you my winter skincare routine. Now if you live in sunny Florida this post may not be for you. However, these products are incredible in any weather if I do say so myself. The main difference you will feel in your skin is that things start to get a bit dryer. If you were oily in the summer you may notice things are feeling tighter and getting a bit cracky. But do not fear! All you need to do is add in some extra skincare bits into your routine to boost the moisture and get things looking glowing again! Here are what I suggest you add into your normal routine to make it more Winter appropriate!
Instead of using a makeup removing cloth or a cleansing water try using a cleansing oil. Cleansing oils are amazing because they remove makeup but also are so hydrating and nourishing to the skin. So instead of stripping the skin of all its natural oils to get your makeup off your face, use a cleansing oil which will do the same trick but leave your skin feeling softer than ever before. I love the Boscia Make-Up BreakUp Cool Cleansing Oil. This cleansing oil is extremely gentle yet still removes every last bit of makeup. Even waterproof mascara! It deep cleanses getting rid of all impurities without leaving an oily residue after. Your skin will not feel greasy, it will just feel clean and soft!
In the colder months you want to be careful that you are not using heavy mud masks that are going to get rid of all our natural oils and leave the skin feeling tight and dry. Yet I am not one to give up a mask by any means! I love them for a pamper routine! There are a lot on the market that are for adding moisture back into the skin. My favourite for pure moisture is the GlamGlow Thirsty Mud Hydrating Treatment (not pictured). This mask can be used for ten minutes or overnight. I prefer the latter. I pack this onto my skin and head to bed! In the morning your skin will be so hydrating and glowy. It calms the skin as well which is nice since I am really sensitive and the harsh winds tend to create redness. Another mask that is new to me that I have been loving is the Lush Cup O’ Coffee Mask. This mask can be used in the morning to wake up the skin (because it literally smells like coffee!) or at night. The reason I like this is because it is a mask that does not dry down on the face. So it wont become hard and crack on your face it stays hydrating which is a plus. It deep cleanses impurities but also has ground coffee in it that acts like a scrub to get rid of all the dry dead skin! Which is what we are going for here. So it take off all the dry skin and leaves your skin feeling healthy and glowy!
Oh face oils how I love you so! I think everyone should be using facial oils always but during the winter especially. Our skin needs oil in order to be balanced and healthy. If our skin is too dry our skin will produce too much oil to over compensate and then you will most likely break out or have your makeup slip off your face. So to battle that you want to balance out your skin and give it the moisture it deserves! Plus is feels completely luxurious and has so many benefits! There are many out there on the market. You may have heard of Maracuja oil or Argan oil. Any type of oil is good. The ones I like are the Cover Fx Custom Infusion Drops in ‘C+Lemongrass’ and the Blissful Body Miracle Beauty Oil and Serum. I alternate between these two and I love them both. I think if I had to choose I would pick the one from the Blissful body. I looked up the ingredients in that one and it is 100% natural. There is nothing in it except the essentials oils. Also this is a homemade company and it is made by hand and has 14 oils in it! So you are getting so many benefits in one little bottle!
If you are like me and have normal to combination skin you will want to use this step as well! Some nights I use both the oil and a night cream together!! It just gives your skin so much moisture and I really notice a difference when I wake up in the morning! If you are extremely oily you probably don’t need this step but I just want to throw it out there. Using a really thick night cream is important so that your skin can regenerate over night. Like I said I mix things up. Some nights I will only use a night cream. Some nights I put the oil on, let it soak in and then put the night cream on top. I also will add a drop or two of the oil and mix it in my hand with the cream and then sleep away all the benefits! My all time favourite is the Origins High Potency Night-A-Mins Cream. This is marketed as a renewal cream and it is seriously moisturizing without feeling too heavy or greasy! I really notice a difference in my skin when I wake up!
Eye cream is always a good thing whether it is night or day. At night I would suggest sticking with the one you already use. Just make sure you use one! And for the day my favourite one to use is the Origins GinZing Refreshing Eye Cream because it has caffeine in it for one. So it will wake your puffy eyes up even if you are getting up before the sun rises! Also it has a beautiful glowy pink tint to it that leaves your under eyes looking bright and glowing! So as you can probably tell we have a theme here! Bringing the glow back to the skin! This has the perfect amount of glow to make your eyes look wide awake! Perfect when the weather is bringing you down and your skin is looking a bit more dull!
This is a bonus! While primer is not considered skincare, I always switch to a very moisturizing glowy primer in the winter. I feel like my skin always needs that added moisture right before I apply my foundation so that it does not go on patchy. And I also feel like my skin gets a little bit sullen and grey in the winter. The Becca BackLight Priming Filter is perfect. It moisturizes, smells delicious and gives your skin the most beautiful radiant glow. What more could you ask for?!
So now we are ready to take on the winter and still look completely flawless!! I hope this helped you get some ideas of products to add into your current skincare routine! Just remember oil and moisture and glow! Many brands carry similar products so use whatever is within your budget!
Sephora VIB Rouge Sale Haul!
When heaven on earth offers you 20% off to buy anything you want, there is nothing you can do but spend every last dollar you have! I went a bit ham and have a huge Sephora haul to show you guys!! This sale happens twice a year so its when I like to try out all the things that are usually out of my price range! If you are interested in the amazing new products I bought then watch the video below!
Nars Steven Klein Collaboration One Shocking Moment Cheek Palette
BECCA Shimmering Skin Perfector® Pressed Champagne Glow Palette featuring Champagne Pop x Jaclyn Hill http://go.magik.ly/r/brittanysarah/10f41/
Urban Decay Vice 4 Palette http://go.magik.ly/r/brittanysarah/e09e/
Lancôme NOEL EYE SET http://go.magik.ly/r/brittanysarah/113a1/
GLAMGLOW Poutmud Fizzy Lip Exfoliating Treatment & Wet Lip Balm Treatment Duo
Marc Jacobs Fragrances Decadence Rollerball http://go.magik.ly/r/brittanysarah/113a3/
CLINIQUE Chubby Lash Fattening Mascara in ‘ Bodacious Black Honey’
Beauty Blender Pro http://go.magik.ly/r/brittanysarah/7410/
Bite Beauty Matte Crème Lip Crayon ‘Cognac’ http://go.magik.ly/r/brittanysarah/4a07/
Bite Beauty Lush Fruit Lipgloss in ‘Currant’ http://go.magik.ly/r/brittanysarah/113a5/
Let me know if you guys pick up any of these products! Or tell me what else you got during the Sephora sale!
Sephora VIB Sale Recommendations and Wish List!
It’s beginning to look a lot like
Christmas… Makeup!!! It’s that time of the year — the Holiday Shopping Event at Sephora!!! This happens twice a year and VIB Members can save 20% off all purchases!! This is pretty much the happiest time for beauty lovers far and wide. Many addicts have been planning their beauty hauls for the last few weeks. I know my Sephora online shopping cart has been filled and editing many times over! But there are so many products at Sephora that it can be a little bit overwhelming! So I am here to help. I am going to share with you my top 10 Sephora VIB Sale recommendations. These will be products I already own and love and believe are so worth the price tag. I will also show you my wish list of things I want to buy! Be sure you check my Youtube Channel so I can show you all the new things I purchased during the sale!
In case you are not familiar here are the details. There are two sales that happen depending if you are VIB Rouge or a VIB member. This post will come to you at the last day of the Rouge sale but just in time for the VIB sale. Also I have a feeling you can use the VIB code if you are rouge… why not try it!
VIB Rouge members can save 20% off their purchases with code ROUGE20, 11/6 through 11/9/2015 – You unlock Rouge status by spending $1000 in a calendar year.
VIB members can save 20% off their purchases with code VIB20, beginning 11/13 through 11/16/2015 – You unlock VIB status by spending 350$ in a calendar year.
Top 10 Sephora Sale Recommendations:
- Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation 62.00$ – This is my holy grail foundation. And with the whopping price tag it feels a lot better purchasing this with 20% off. This is a stunning foundation that gives a beautiful glow without being over dewy or greasy. It have medium-full coverage yet still looks natural. It looks beautiful on camera and in natural light. It is a luxury must have! http://go.magik.ly/r/brittanysarah/10f39/
- Becca Backlight Priming Filter 38.00$ – This is a new primer to my collection but has quickly become my favourite. This packs serious glow. It gives the most beautiful lit from within glow to the face. It works well under any foundation. It does not blur pores or lines however. It makes my makeup last a long time as well. I just love how it makes my skin look fresh and radiant. http://go.magik.ly/r/brittanysarah/e989/
- Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette 58.00$ – Hourglass now has three palettes and any of them would be worth the purchase during this sale! I have the lighting palette and the blush palette. There is also a new one out with 6 shades and it is very expensive! These powders are so stunning. They have different uses but all of them add a natural glow to the face. I use this palette all at one. I use Dim Light to set my makeup, Incandescent Light to highlight, and Radiant light to add a blush to my cheeks. http://go.magik.ly/r/brittanysarah/eb1/
- Hourglass Ambient Lighting Bronzer 50.00$ – Now this is one expensive bronzer!! But I would buy this even without a sale! This blends effortlessly. It is intensely pigmented so you only need a small amount. I think we have a theme here… it adds a beautiful natural sun kissed glow! Ha. Can you tell I want to look glowy? This looks like you spent the day at the beach. Natural and sunkissed! http://go.magik.ly/r/brittanysarah/7671/
- Burberry Light Glow Blush in ‘Earthy’ 42.00$ – If I could use one blush for the rest of my life it would be this one. For one thing it smells amazing. It smells like how a lot of high end cosmetics smell like. That beautiful nostalgic scent that my grandmother used to smell like… I swear its good! ha. The colour is natural and beautiful. It is a neutral rose brown color that goes with every look. It is matte but does not look flat. And blends perfectly! http://go.magik.ly/r/brittanysarah/cd30/
- Becca /Jaclyn Hill Shimmering Skin Perfector in ‘Champagne Pop’ 38.00$ – Jaclyn Hill really can do no wrong. This highlighter brings serious glow. Like you can see it from space! It is the perfect champagne color. It can be built up to glow like a disco ball but can also be applied to look naturally. I love the shade and think its really unique and really pops on the face! http://go.magik.ly/r/brittanysarah/a322/
- Stila Eyes Are The Window Eyeshadow Palette in ‘Soul’ 49.00$ – I had to think long and hard about which palette I think is a must buy from Sephora. I just couldn’t steer away from this one. It is compact, has a big mirror and has the perfect everyday neutrals. This is a great palette for everyone. It has matte shades and shimmer shades and they all have great pigmentation. It is great for travel as you can make a ton of different looks, from natural to smokey. http://go.magik.ly/r/brittanysarah/83e8/
- Kat Von D Shade and Light Contour Kit 46.00$ – I use this product every single day. Every day!! It has three combos of highlight/contour shades. Although I do not touch the darkest one I like that it does offer darker options. These powders are all matte and they blend perfectly. They are the perfect tones to add shadow. I use them for bronzer and contour. And the highlight powders make your under eyes pop! http://go.magik.ly/r/brittanysarah/544a/
- Nars Audacious Lipsticks 32.00$ – These are by far my favourite lipstick formula ever! This are pricy lipsticks that feel too frivolous until you can get a discount! They are opaque, creamy, and long lasting. The color payoff is great. Full color with one swipe! My favourite shade is Anna but I definitely want to pick up more! http://go.magik.ly/r/brittanysarah/45cf/
- Elizabeth and James Nirvana Black Perfume 25-100$ depending on size – Now this scent my not be for everyone, but in general I think it is a good idea to pick up a perfume during the sale. Let’s be honest most perfumes are expensive and it feels like the type of thing you want as a gift and not buy yourself. But with 20% off you can gift it to yourself!! Yay! Go you! This is one of my favourite scents. I love very musky rich scents. This one almost smells masculine. The notes are Violet, Sandalwood, Vanilla. It is sensual, mysterious, and warm http://go.magik.ly/r/brittanysarah/10f3f/
Things on my Wishlist!
Hope this helps and enables some shopping for you! Again check back to my youtube channel to watch my haul video and see all the things I bought!!
Mac Pro Lip Palette in “6 Modern Browns”
All of the Lipsticks you need all in one place!
Looking for a one stop shop for fall lipsticks? Look no further! The perfect colours that are on trend for fall are now all in one place! What I am about to describe to you is the perfect fall lipstick palette! In one palette you get six of Mac’s top selling lipstick shades that include beige-like neutrals, browns and reds. If you are looking for the perfect 90’s lip then this palette is a must have!!! Seriously! People always ask how to I get the perfect brown nude for my skin tone, and this is a perfect way to get a custom colour that not everyone else will have! I love every single one of these shades and there is the perfect combination of light to dark shades as well as a range of finishes. The quality of these lipsticks does not change since they are not in the bullet. They are still the MAC formula we know and love. The best part is you can mix and match to customize your colour. Just take a lip brush and layer colours over each other on your lips! This is also an amazing travel friendly palette because it is sleek and small yet has 6 shades for you to choose from. And yes you get less product than buying a full lipstick but I never use up all the lipsticks anyways! Might as well try all different ones! And trust me these shades are well worth it! This palette is great for everyone. It is perfect for business professionals, students, and makeup aficionados! So lets cover the details!
The MAC Pro ‘6 Modern Browns’ Palette retails for 40.00 USD. You get six shades:
Half ‘N Half (Amplified)
Fresh Brew (Lustre)
This palette is 6 grams or 0.21 oz. A single MAC Lipstick is 3 grams or 0.1 oz for 17.00. So you are getting about two full lipsticks and the price is a little more. But I think since you get to try out six shades and can create an endless amount of colours it is worth it! And like I said you only need to pack this if you are on holiday!
My favourites are Taupe and Paramount! I have been eyeing those two for a while now so when I saw they were in this palette I figured I could try them both and more!
I suppose I should mention at least one downside?! Well if I had to it would be that applying a lipstick directly from the bullet is easier than using a lip brush and a palette. But considering I take hours of of my day to make sure my winged liner is exact this really is no added time for me! It is a beautiful palette that would be perfect for someone who wants to try out MAC lipsticks, or just wants to add more shades to their collection. Six lipsticks would total 102$ so while they are significantly smaller in this palette I highly doubt you will run out of them very quickly. So definitely worth the investment to get a stunning palette of this seasons hottest shades! Who could ask for more?!
DIY: How to get Harley Quinn’s Look
My whole life I have loved anything to do with Batman. So when the new Suicide Squad trailer came out I was so excited!!! I put together this Harley Quinn Suicide Squad Makeup and Costume Tutorial. It is pretty easy to achieve and I tried to stick to a tight budget! I think this look is perfect for Halloween this year! I will show you how to get the perfect makeup look and also how to create your own costume! Trust me this post is Joker approved!
Makeup: Watch This Makeup Tutorial
Makeup Products Needed:
What you will need:
- Blonde curly hair wig
- Colour Hairspray in Hot Pink and Bright Blue
- Red and White Baseball T-shirt (I got mine from ‘Sports Authority’ store – Brand is ‘Soffe’)
- Blue Baseball Shorts
- Studded Black Belt
- Fishnet Stockings
- Avery Fabric Transfer Paper
- A Bat (or something that looks like one)
Step 1: Wig
So first thing I did was went to my local wig store and bought a platinum blonde wig that was already curled and had no bangs and a centre part. Then I put it on and parted the wig into two high pigtails on either side. I then pulled out tiny pieces to hang in front of my face. I then bought bright colour hairspray (Target) in blue and pink. Your right side is the pink side and your left side is blue. While wearing the wig (and clothes you do not care about) I sprayed the ends of each pigtail the correct colour. I also sprayed the front pieces. Harley has an ombre effect going on so just do the ends of the pigtails and not all the way up. Make it un even so its not a straight line of colour across. And that’s it! It should look something like this.
Step 2: DIY Shirt
I found this red and white baseball T-shirt at a sporting goods store called ‘Sports Authority’. This is actually a child’s size but I just got a big one! Then you will need to get Iron on Transfer paper as we are going to print out the writing and iron it on the shirt! First you want to download the font: http://goo.gl/jCQxfy Once you have downloaded the font open up word or pages and type out ‘Daddy’s Lil’ Monster’. Make sure your page is in landscape. IMPORTANT: You need to make sure to ‘Flip’ the image so that when it prints it is backwards. Print it. And follow the instructions on your iron on paper and iron it on! The image will not be backwards! Then I took a bright red shadow and smudged it into the collar as hers is all messy like she spray painted it. Then I took bronzer and brushed the whole shirt in random areas to look like dirt. Then I cut holes in it randomly. I also spray painted one sleeve blue. In the movie trailer she seems to get dirtier and more cut up as the movie goes on but I just left it at this stage!
Step 3: Putting it all together!
In Suicide Squad Margo Robbie has shorts that are sequinned and half blue and half red. If you can source shorts that like by all means use those!! I just got as close as I could. I found blue baseball shorts at the same sports store. I bought fishnet stockings (you can rip holes in them if you want). She wears this awesome black and gold studded belt with a diamond clasp. But I just found a black belt with silver holes! Whatever works right! She wears kick ass stiletto white sneakers. I just wore white converse!
Step 4: Be a Badass!!
Now all that’s left to do is kick butt!
Make sure you watch my makeup tutorial video and you will have everything you need for the perfect Harley Quinn Suicide Squad Costume!